Monday, April 21, 2008

Leaving football wasteland

I am leaving northern Mozambique tomorrow. I am not going to talk bad about my job: it has been fascinating and interesting working in some of the poorest and most isolated areas of Africa. But... besides the fact that many youngsters wear Ronaldo or Beckham t-shirts, they have no idea whatsoever about football. I am in football wasteland, and in spite of my football mojo having returned, I have been so unable to follow international football, that I have found it all but irrelevant to post on this site (well, I have also lacked consistent internet access and time...).
But tomorrow, I am leaving: I am driving south, and I am hoping that already tomorrow I will be in a nice place to watch my first CL football match of the year: Chelsea-Liverpool.
And I am looking even more forward to the clash between two of my favourite and most respected teams, Manchester United and Barcelona, where I of course, sway towards the latter.
Two great matches, which I hope will symbolize my return to the magical world of football, after leaving the football wasteland I have lived in over almost a year!

No comments: